Wednesday, February 9, 2011

February- Hearts and Snowflakes

Today was my fifth snow day in a little over a week!  I have adapted to mastering the snow day solo.  Snow days in college were all about getting snowed in with as many friends as possible-junk food- movies- laughter.  I was sick for a couple of the snow days last week, but I did have my share of warm food, hot cocoa, and movie watching!  I have enjoyed my snow days and also look forward to warm weather.  But I am definitely not complaining.

[No title]
Today I made Valentine's Cards for my 4th graders.  With the extra time, I did homemade ones and they turned out cute.  They are my spin on a vintage Valentine's Day cards- complete with vintage scrapbook paper, glued on pearls, and each student's initial hand written in calligraphy.  I noticed that part of the scrapbook paper had a little boy standing in front of a globe that says "I have the nicest teacher ever."  Oops!  That's probably a little strange to get FROM your teacher, but I didn't notice until later.  They'll love the card and their bags of candy (supplied by my sweet parents.)

Enjoying the rest of my snow day (and probably my last snow day for this year!)

No comments:

Post a Comment