Wednesday, February 2, 2011

How Life Goes on After College

Turner Falls, My 24th Birthday August 7, 2010
Last summer, Jenn and I created a summertime bucket list.  We only got to about half of the things, thanks to the crazy stress I felt in searching for a job.  One thing on the bucket list was to go to Turner Falls.  We decided to save the trip for my birthday- and it was a complete Parkhurst only type of celebration.  (I'm an adopted sister!)  

Little did I know when this picture was snapped that an amazing turn of events in my job hunt would land me twenty miles down the road from Turner Falls.  Suddenly, I was trying to find a place to live and setting up a classroom in a little town called Ardmore, OK.  

House....check
This is my favorite part of my house- my built in bookshelf in the living room.  





Classroom...check
Don't worry- it has come a LONG way since this day.  Jessica came and helped me put my personal touches on the classroom!  Summer helped too!  It's definitely bright and cheerful and done on a first year's teacher budget.  I will upload a more recent shot soon!  Every other picture I have has one of my students smiling in the shot...imagine that!


Bottom line...I'm loving this new chapter of life.  I'm learning a lot- about life, about myself, about teaching, about 4th graders!  I surprisingly have fallen in love with this little town!  It's the perfect place for a first year teacher fresh out of college to land and bloom.  

I have made great friends here.

I work with fantastic people.

I love the library.

There is a Hobby Lobby.

Ardmore did Christmas big. : ) (Festival of Lights, TWO Christmas parades.)

Ten Star Pizza-Cafe Alley (a couple of my favorites!)
,
So yeah, I'm happy here!  







1 comment:

  1. Love this! I felt like I just got a little insight into your soul!

    ReplyDelete